Monday, August 31, 2009

School Has Begun!


School started last week. I was very nervous, putting my little one in daycare, my oldest going full day to school and me going back after 5 years. It's been hectic, but I'm starting to get into the swing of things. I like my classes so far, I'm enjoying breaking out of my usual thought process for new projects. I thought I'd share my first project with you. We are to make a self portrait using photos, that doesn't mean me taking pictures of myself myspace style, holding the camera facing me while driving, or facing the camera at the mirror to show how awesome I look :) We are to collage photos that represent ourselves. They can not be cut, cropped or computer altered in any form. Here is a sneak peak of what I have so far. Strange huh. Well let me explain. I have two children, boys, and they are a huge part of who I am. Not only that but there have been countless times that I've heard, "wow he looks just like you" "He has your eyes" "They look so much alike" "Did you clone yourself" the list goes on. So what I have done is photographed myself and my children, taken different features and made 1 face. This is not the final piece, I'm still playing with eyes and noses. The project is due next week, so far my prof is diggin the idea. Lets hope I get an A.

No comments: