Monday, February 9, 2009

Valentines Day Count Down 9


My husband and I have a large collection of beanies and caps, mainly because I used to design headwear for a big company. We find ourselves fighting over beanies sometime, so what could be more perfect a gift than this set from Design By Nihan

Here is a little about Design By Nihan:
How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting since I was old enough to pick a crayon.My favorite childhood toys were boxes, yarns, pieces of cloth and all kinds of paints… I should add that I’m thankful for the support of my family. When I converted my jeans into bags or painted my canvas shoes, they never said a word! The appreciation and approval for all of that hard work is the basis of my motivation to improve myself in this field.Then I decided to share my talent with all hand-made lovers.


What inspires your art?
I’m inspired by almost everything, even a simple button. I can suddenly decide to knit a sweater suitable for that button.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
My favorite material is cashmere, but the most important thing is to be able to discover the perfect match of the yarn and the pattern.About my methode, I can say that I design authentic knitwear by improvising with needles, sometimes not even knowing what the result would be.then I take some little reminder notes and some primitive drawings. That's all.


What sets you apart from other artist?
I knit to relax and to express myself. I never liked pattern books or reproducing brand sweaters.“Design by Nihan’s” success on Etsy is a combination of my talent, marketing and business knowledge and my personality too. I try to bring customer preferences and original patterns together. All “Design by Nihan” customers have an opportunity to choose the color and material, since all of the products are always knitted according to the customers' measurements. Each item is totally unique to its owner.


shop/ site link:
www.designbynihan.etsy.com Cesign by Nihan is in Facebook now!!!! come & join us there...



Valentines is such a whimsical day. So many people in love it's beautiful. So is this print from Kavali8. Kavali8 offers a great variety of artwork prints that you can add to your own collection.

Here is a little about Kavali8:
How long have you been crafting?
I have been crafting since I was a little girl, all the woman in my family do some type of craft. It really is amazing!

What inspires your art?
I am inspired by challenges and things around me my family, and however I may be feeling that day. This picture I have chosen was actually a challenge, someone on etsy was requesting this and I usually don't paint that type of art, well I told her I would give it a try so I went to painting than took photos and made a greeting card out of it, she loved it! And bought it. It took about an hour for me to paint and I had it shipped to her about the next day. It was a lot of fun, and in the end a great picture.

What is your favorite medium/method?
I love to do canvas painting with acrylics and also draw with black marker.

What sets you apart from other artist?
I feel my art is very different in my style, that fact I was self taught, and my art is unique in it's own way. I like to create art with different items as well and my paintings are always different. I would love to make more money to support my family, but since that's not the case at the moment, it's more so for the joy and relaxation. I Love what I do.

http://www.kavali8.etsy.com

No comments: