Friday, January 16, 2009

Unfinshed Frames= NEW PROJECT



This morning while getting groceries at Target I did my usual stroll through the dollar area. I wasn't really looking for anything, just wondering if maybe there were still a few $1 calenders left. I found a small cork bulletin board white a teal frame that matches my office area, for $2.50 I couldn't walk away from it. It's kinda small, I might have to buy 1 or 2 more and stack them, it might look really cool that way. I also found a couple of packs of square frames, 3 per pack, unfinished wood. I wasn't sure what I wanted to do with them until a few minutes ago when I found the cards above. I'm going to paint the frames and hand these cards in my office. They match my Mexican folk art theme. I also found some photo key chains that I plan to make into mini altered art key chains, just think religious images, glitter, paint :) I can't wait to get started.

Tomorrow is open house at your local Joann's store, make sure you head over and check out the demos for the classes that are available. I will not be demoing at my store, I will be teaching a teen sewing class. Hopefully I will get more sign ups for future classes. I really enjoy teaching!

Check out TheBeachCottage.etsy.com for cool artwork like the cards I bought today.

No comments: