Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 4


I first ran across RockerBaby a few months ago and I completely fell in love with their clothes. Sadly I have no girls to dress in these wonderful outfits. If your looking for a special holiday dress for your little one and are tired of all the same old stuff that the department stores have to offer you should check out RockerBaby. Your little girls will be the best dressed at any holiday event in a RockerBaby Design.

Matilda, genious behind RockerBaby was kind enough to share a little about herself with us.


How long have you been crafting?
Well, I have been sewing since I was 7 years old , 27 years in total and I have been designing for as long as I can remember,

What inspires your art?
People get inspired by a lot of different things , what inspires me is those happy faces of All ROCKER BABY children that look so happy in our clothing , for me that is the best inspiration of all, it really puts a big smile on my face when our costumers are happy and their children to , that means a lot


What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
I love fabric, especially cotton, I find my self buying fabric for no reason , I just know that it will be used for something which at the moment I have no idea for what , I love to make perfection, I try really hard to debunk the saying of “ handmade is Poorly made”

What sets you apart from other artist?
Lately I have noticed that if someone makes something more follow of making the same thing which kind of limits you from using your creativity , we like to bring in a new view to children’s clothing , it is daring , but these are chances that I like to take through my designs and even the fabric choices that we make (me /my husband) Your imagination the different choices that you make set you apart from someone else.

Don't forget to take a look at RockerBaby's Etsy shop http://www.rockerbaby.etsy.com .

No comments: