Monday, December 1, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 3





Have no idea what to get art lover in your life, how about a print from Bound Staff Press. Bound Staff Press is the printmaking of Justin Miller, here's a little about Justin:

How long have you been crafting?
I have been making things with paper since my Dad first took me to his print shop as a child. I can remember reading a Richard Scary book with cutout cars that could be assembled, and making my own to supplement his selection. Soon I had a whole town.

What inspires your art?
I'm inspired by my constant spiritual journey to find deeper meaning in life. I use visual images to explore metaphors that I think will help to explain my experience.

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
I am very comfortable with drawing medias, but I love printing ink. I work primarily with linoleum relief cuts, but I also occasionally wander over to intaglio printing and letterpress.

What sets me apart from other artisans?
My work has a deep yet accessible narrative.

To purchase Justin's work visit his Etsy shop http://www.boundstaffpress.etsy.com

1 comment:

Justin Miller said...

Thanks for the feature. Merry Christmas, and may you sell out in your Etsy shop.