Thursday, December 11, 2008

Crafty Christmas Day 19


Last month as I was logging into Etsy I noticed a print on the front page. It was of a little boy in a Batman costume. I had to click on it and take a look closer, it reminded me of my oldest son. As I started to browse MikieP's shop I fell in love with all the illustrations of children in superhero costumes. Then I ran across the illustration above, a little boy asleep in his Spiderman costume. If the kid had brown hair it would be my son. He lives in his Spiderman costume, everyday for over a year now he wears it, we've gone through two alreadym bought him a new Batman costume, but he insist that he must be Spiderman. I will probably be ordering this print very soon.

Here's a little about MikieP:
How long have you been crafting?
Well I started crafting when Macrame Art was real popular.
I remember my Mom making this moNSTer Owl with gOOgly eyes. I would grab my crayons and sit down with her to join in on the fun :)

What inspires your art?
Two things that greatly inspire me are my wife Raven and the things she dreams up...and my Childhood... both I wouldn't change for the world! :) Oh, and you should check out her Etsy shop too! http://ravenx.etsy.com

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
My most favorite method in doing my art would have to be mixing my Illustrations into real Photographs. I love to think my little people are right outside our window playing.

What sets you apart from other artist?
I cant say that anyone thing sets me apart from other artist because there are sooooo many great one out their like others I lOVE what I do and work hard on making it the best to my ability . I would just like to thank everyone on Etsy & elsewhere...from the bottom of my Heart for the support and kindness that I have found. I've found a lot of it on Etsy for sure...if the world was more like Etsy, it sure would be a better place.

Check out the whole team of superheros in MikieP's Etsy shop at http://www.mikiep.etsy.com

No comments: