Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Craft Christmas Day 16


Looking for some unique home decor. Maybe a small housewarming gift. Mireio specializes in affordable luxurious housewares. The beautiful acorn sachets give off a lovely lavender scent.


Here is a little about Mireio:
How long have you been crafting?
A: I've been crafting since I was tiny. My mom taught me to embroider at 3 and I've been hooked ever since.

What inspires your art?
A: I'm inspired by the past. The textures and color and attention to detail in vintage pieces really speaks to me!

What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
A: I love my sewing machine! I use a lot of vintage textiles and hunting for those is an obsession. I'm a huge fan of buttons--both vintage and handcrafted ceramic. I will admit, it's a temptation to hoard them. But there is a satisfaction that comes with pairing the right fabric with the right buttons to create the perfect mix. When that creation finds a new home, I'm elated!

What sets you apart from other artist?
A. My store name is Mireio, and that means to admire. I strive to make beautiful wares that you can admire, feel great about owning, and yet, not break the bank. Affordable luxury, it's my thing. I'm always looking for a way to bring beauty into what I do, and I think that shows!

You can visit Mireio's Etsy shop at http://www.Mireio.etsy.com

No comments: