Friday, November 14, 2008

Happy Hour


Our very first Happy Hour featured artist is Alicia of LaAlicia.etsy.com. I met Alicia at the EstyDallas Beer B Que early this year. I was lucky enough to have a booth next to hers and get to see all her wonderful work up close. Alicia was nice enough to be my first artist/ interview. She is also the geniuos behind my blog name.


> How long have you been crafting?
As long as I can remember. Even as a child, I loved to fold paper,
making things and playing in my grandma's button box.

> What inspires your art?
Giving something a new purpose or a second life makes me happy. Seeing
the possibilities in raw materials is always inspiring.

> What are your favorite methods/ materials to use in your artwork?
I absolutely love buttons, paper, and cigar boxes. My fave method is
to learn new techniques from other artists.

> What sets you apart from other artist?
I have a tendency to see creative uses for everyday things and love to
throw a new twist on a common technique.


Today's drink recipe is one of my favorites, Strawberry Margarita.

INGREDIENTS

  • 6 fluid ounces tequila
  • 2 fluid ounces triple sec
  • 8 ounces frozen strawberries
  • 4 fluid ounces frozen limeade concentrate
  • 6 cups ice

DIRECTIONS

  1. Place ice in a blender and crush for 15 to 20 seconds. Add frozen strawberries, tequila, triple sec, and limeade. Blend until smooth.

Now make your self a drink, unwind and check out LaAlicia on Etsy. Don't forget to stop by her booth at the EtsyDallas Jingle Bash.

No comments: